Grout Recoloring: High Quality Treatment to Restore Bathrooms in Manhattan, NY
May 16, 2018
Maintaining the look and classic feel of a 60's bathroom is a difficult task, but for this family in Midtown Manhattan, NY, it was very important to keep the vintage atmosphere of their bathrooms intact, no matter how difficult it might be. As they later told us; "The whole point of buying this sixties house was to create our 21st century life here while honoring the original architecture and detail". Nonetheless, 50 years of wear and tear had taken a toll on the grout, making it look muddy and dirty. Moisture problems had caused the grout to peel and crack. The walls and floor looked dull and unappealing, ruining the cozy, classic feel the family wanted. To recover and restore their bathrooms to their prime days, they had to look for a professional grout recoloring service in Manhattan
Before contacting the professionals, the father and his son tried to solve the problem by themselves. They went shopping for cleaning products and brought home acidic and soapy cleaners and began cleaning the tiles of their shower. They kept cleaning the bathrooms for a few hours, but there were no changes at all. After seeing this outcome, the wife had the idea to look online for the best grout recoloring service in Manhattan, NY. In the top search results she found Sir Grout New York and immediately went and showed her husband what she'd learn about the quality of our work. They were interested in our "Before and After" section, where they looked at pictures of our previous work and read all the favorable comments from our clients. After discussing for a moment, they decided to call us for a free in-home consultation.
A couple of days later, we arrived at the house for the evaluation of the bathrooms and to offer an effective solution. The owners were ready for us, and after greeting us, we began the assessment. They were indeed vintage bathrooms. The lack of proper maintenance for years had caused the tile and grout lines to look dim and dirty. The shower had blue glass tiles that were completely opaque, and the grout around the tiles was moldy and cracked. The ceramic tiles in the second bathroom's walls were dingy and the grout had the same sullied aspect as the shower. The floor was no different. It showed dirt, grime, and soap scum accumulated in the grout lines over the years. All these issues gave the bathrooms an unsightly appearance.
We offered a grout recoloring service using our proprietary ColorSeal. We explained that our sealant is designed to last the life span of the grout, so it will not only re-color, it will make the grout resistant to mold, mildew, stains, and water. We would also re-grout all the lines using our Epoxy Grout, a top notch product that provides a long lasting, easy to maintain solution. We assured them that their bathrooms would be renewed without losing their classical charm. They were happy to hear our service would restore their bathrooms to their traditional look and promptly agreed to set up a date for the job.
We returned at the appointed time to begin the restoration process. It was a thorough job that consisted of several steps:
- Cleaning the walls and floor using SirGrout's proprietary tile and grout cleaner with a gentle, high speed scrubber. This removed all the stains, soap scum, and dirt and grime from the grout lines.
- Eliminating all the mold and mildew using a steam cleaner. This ensured a fungi free, clean environment.
- Removing the old grout and replacing it with SirGrout's proprietary Epoxy Grout. When this was completed the bathroom had a resilient appearance that would last for years to come.
- Recoloring all the grout lines using our ColorSeal. This product matches the desired color of the owner and offers an extra layer of protection, preventing grime, soap scum, water, and mold and mildew from getting into the grout lines, all while making it easier to clean.
All these processes were equally performed on the glass tiles of the shower and the ceramic tiles of the second bathroom walls and floor. When all the work was done, the blue tiles of the shower looked sparkly and had a lustrous reflection, the bathroom walls looked pristine and renewed, and the floor had a spotless appearance. The bathrooms had been completely restored.
We invited the owners to see the results of the grout recoloring service. They were speechless with the renovated look of their bathrooms. We had preserved its vintage charm and left them with the slick, gleaming appearance they desired. They were very happy with the outcome, and after thanking us, they said that from that point on, they would recommend Sir Grout New York to all their friends, family, and neighbors.
As we always do with all our clients, we left them a list of recommendations on how to maintain the top condition of their bathrooms:
It Is Recommended:
- To use pH-neutral cleaners because they don't leave sticky residue in the grout lines and don't need to be rinsed.
- On areas where dirt has accumulated the most, use undiluted cleaners.
- Always dry the surface using a towel or terry cloth to remove the dirty water or cleaner residue. If the liquid evaporates, dirt will be left behind.
- Keep the bathroom well ventilated. A moist environment is the perfect breeding ground for mold and mildew. For this reason, make sure your bathroom has proper ventilation, especially after hot showers.
It Is Not Recommended:
- To use soap-based cleaners. They leave behind a film which dulls the surface and promotes mold and mildew growth.
- To use acid- or ammonia based-cleaners. They could have negative effects on the color of the grout and dim the tiles.
- To use steel wool or other abrasives on the tiles as they can scratch the surface.
If you are looking for professional assistance to renew your shower, our grout recoloring and cleaning services are the best you'll find. Sir Grout New York provides high-quality, long term results that will go beyond your expectations. As a leading company in the hard surface restoration industry, we offer experienced and qualified help. Don't hesitate to contact us by calling (718) 514-6016
or by filling out our "Request a Quote" form for a free in-home consultation. We will be glad to attend you. Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter to receive our latest info and promotions.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to Hard Surface Restoration? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook Sir Grout New York
, Twitter @SGNew_York
, Instagram @sirgrout
, and Google+ Sir Grout New York